Thursday, March 19, 2015

Someday, you'll miss this...

Is there anything more annoying than hearing this when you are just trying to vent about your kids?

Yeah, thanks for that. I had no idea I'd one day miss all the chaos and little things about raising kids.  I mean, I only actually burst into tears whenever I watch old baby videos.  But seriously, no idea that I'd someday miss having kids around.

Thanks so much for your wisdom. If not for your smug and all-knowing platitude, oh wise master, I may have had a moment there of actually speaking like a normal adult.  But I guess I'll go back to acting like everything is perfect (while secretly washing down antidepressants with red wine every night).

Oh, did I mention suck it?  Yeah, you can suck it.

Go somewhere else to blow hard about rainbows and the joys of kid birthday parties.  I got here first, and I'm bitching.  Because I like it.

You know, I often think I don't have to medicate myself because I DO blow off steam.  I get that there are people suffering from true mental illness.  But I also suspect there are a lot of people just suffering from pure disillusionment and disappointment, who don't know what to do with it.  But I know what to do!  I rant and complain and discover how normal I am and feel like it's ok to throw things every now and again.  I don't feel like I have to be perfect.  I don't feel like I'm failing when I'm not being perfect.  Listen up, ladies.  It's ok to bitch once in awhile.  It's ok to BE a bitch once in awhile.  Never mind all this "be nice" shit that is forced on us.  Be yourself.  Be angry.  Be happy.  Be kinda bored.  Be frustrated.  Be joyful.  Be weepy and overcome with love for those babies.  Be whateverthehellyouwant to be.  It's ok.  You are ok.  And stop reading all those damn blogs that make you feel like you suck if your kid isn't potty trained shortly after birth, but still nursing into adolescence.    What?  You didn't make them all natural granola bars with breast milk and the tears of your virgin self?  Neither did I.  Who cares.  Just stop.  And get the hell off pintrest.  It's all lies.  You are fine!!!

Anyway, I do KNOW that I will miss this one day.  I look at my own momma, alone in a big house that was once a noisy nightmare of a home to four kids.  She's alone now, and it's really damn quiet.  She can vacuum, and the floor stays clean.  She can redecorate, and the new stuff still looks new 6 months later.  I know these years are coming - I pray that I'm around for them, actually.  To miss out like my dad did… no.  I will be here.  But they look very different from now.  And seeing her quiet makes me appreciate my noisy; my now.  I LOVE my now.  Love it.  But there are days when I'm tired.  When my legs are heavy, my eyes are heavy, and I just feel tired.  And mad.  And this morning I hit my head and yelled at my littlest because it hurt and she was trying to talk to me but all I could see were the stars from whopping my head so I yelled at her.  Then I hugged her and told her I was sorry.  Then I swore a bit.  Whatever.  These days are the days.  THE days.




No comments:

Post a Comment