Friday, April 24, 2015

Gymnastics on redneck night

Sitting here, at gymnastics, learning a lot about people.

Most of it isn't great.

Here's a fun thing I overheard:  "Ohh, you give her juice?  Every since we found out our daughter had ADHD, we've been cutting back on juice.  Now we send Diet Coke in her lunches and stuff instead."

Feel free to make that needle-scratch noise in your head.  I did.  I made a few other noises in my head, too.  The daughter?  Nine years old, maybe ten.

Holy cow.  Yes, people are actually that stupid about nutrition.  Diet Coke seems like a reasonable choice for your child????  I have a crazy idea…  How 'bout water?  Did water come up, um, ever?  My kid has a refillable bottle that she keeps at school.  It's steel, because I am still a helicopter mom, after all.  No plastic for us.  But yeah.  Water.  Works like a charm.  So I send her lunch and she deals with hydration on her own.

OK, I'll admit that conversation wasn't as awesome as, "…at least Tim Bits have some fruit in them."

Yup.  Overheard that at gymnastics, too.  Boy, the Olympics in a few years are going to be mighty interesting.  I think they may have to reinforce the uneven bars...


No comments:

Post a Comment